• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Even though I stopped development of this game in *2006, people are still asking for the beta releases. My old threads are closed, I don't see much reasons for re-opening them, since they are trashed.

Original thread, here. It got sort of messed up.
Remake thread, here.

I've decided to upload it to a public website, since the download links keep getting broken. Someone suggested 4shared.com, so I'm going with that.

I don't think I'll continue production of this, but I welcome anyone who wants to finish it, to do as they please with it. In fact, I encourage someone to take this and finish it.

Download it here.

Screenshots:
pokemonlightningyellow0hi0.png
scrnshot1pv9.png
scrnshot2zx7.png
scrnshot3op4.png

Banner
By Amso♣:

Code:
[url=http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3036418#post3036418][img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7789/light5891529795iazase4.png[[color=black]/img][[/color]/url]

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
this is great dude, i may consider finishing it off, however ill give you credit and if you want me to help out (if you re-consider making this) just ask

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wow nice... ^^

I'm gonna try this one out! Also, PIKACHU in the title screen is soooooo cute!!! :D

Very nice indeed!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow nice screens,
I like the pikachu in the titlescreen,
Iam gonna try this out

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
ive played a little bit of the hack and the pikachu doesnt follow you (it was the main thing in yellow just to let u know) brocks onix is proper hard to beat since you start of with pikachu .

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
Years
I wonder if he has done it like yellow like pallete town surronder by a fence then grass background? Now that would exactly like yellow xD

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
This looks really nice, in the ROM hacking resource thread there is a bunch of stuff you can use for this hack. In case you didn't already know.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I haven't rom hacked in quite a while...
I might consider restarting this hack, if in fact there is some hacking tools to make it easier.

And, actually, I'd kind of like to remake pokémon yellow when better hacking tools for d/p come out.

Last edited:

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
So, is this going to be closed?
I already got a message from someone saying they're going to finish it...
Though, they don't have much experience, so don't expect anything...
And, actually I suppose if Diamond/Pearl became hack-able, then I would have lots of fun remaking Pokémon Yellow!

Klingon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Dude; what did you change on that Pikachu screen with the maps? (I don't see many clear map changes 8D)^^
Maybe you could change the area around a bit more?^^ I would have to check through the first thread.
If I was lying, I would be saying this hacks awesome, right?
Hope I helped!

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
Years
Nice hack dude, keep going it's awesome! I also made a Userbar for this hack

light5891529795-iaza.png

Code:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z264/slamaboi/light5891529795-iaza.png

-Amso-

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2008
where are bulbasuar, charmander, and squirtle? i went to all locations where they were in original yellow, and nothing. Also, when i fought gary at the second city (curellean?-with misty) he had squirtle...is this a glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back