• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer Daisy

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Well then. Belzeebub here.
Since I've been creating a new region adn 100 new fakemons I decided to try and write a story. It came out of the blue one day when I was home alone and really bored. I know it is very cliché to make a "pokémon journey" fanfic, but I will try to give it a little extra something and to make it a bit more realistic than the anime/manga/game/whatever. I am not sure if I will continue this one, since I usually grow tired of my stories, and since this is so common it might even make me grow tired faster than normal. So; give me you opinion. Should I continue or should I give it up right away?

thansk in advance.

Episode 1 - Hello Sunshine

Opal slowly opened her eyes.
The sunshine made its way through the curtains covering her window and she could see the dust playing ni the light. It looked beautiful. She yawned and turned in the bed. On the table next to her bed, her Shellder formed clock showed 7.34. She smiled and made herself sit up.
Otherwise then the beam of light slipping through the curtain, her room laid in darkness. She pushed the blanket away from her and stood up on the floor. It was cold. Her floor allways was cold. She turned around and drew away the curtains. the light hit her and she turned away with tears in her eyes.
It was monady. It would probably be the most important Monday in her whole life. This was the day she would get her very first pokémon. This was an oppirtunity of a lifetime, and she was about to get it. She didn't like the way she had gotten this chance, but she wasn't about to miss it for the world.
Opal went over to her chair and put on her shirt and pants she had carefully chosen out the night before. She was humming on a happy une her father allways sang. She grabbed her gloves from the table and ran down the stairs. Her dad was already up, sitting by the kitchen table.
"Well hello there, Sunshine" he said, smiling to Opal. "You're up early"
Opal shrugged with a smile to response and sat down by the table.
"If it would've been a regular Monday, you wouldn't be up until eleven"
"Oh, shut it!" Opal laughed and playfully punched her father on his arm. "Where's breakfast?"
"In the fridge" her father smiled and returned to his magazine.
Opal moaned and walked over to the fridge, getting the milk and a bowl from the cupboard next to it. She looked over her shoulder at her dad, but when she got no response she turned back, filling the bowl with cereals and milk.
"Are you coming wiht me today?" Opal asked as she sat down by the table.
"Do you want me to?" her dad didn't look up from the paper.
Opal shrugged-
"I don't think that that's..." her dad stopped.
"What?" she asked, looking at her dad. "What is it?"
He sat there quite for a long time, not moving, not saying anything. Then he blinked and put down the paper.
"Nothing" he replied. "I thought I saw mum's name"
Opal stared down at her cereals. Mum. That was a touchy subject. From what Opal had heard from her dad she had just left when Opal was five. No note, just an empty bed. They knew that she was alive since she sends money on Opals birthday every year, but nothing more than money. Not even a note.
"So when where you supposed to be at professor Pine's?" her dad asked, breaking the ice.
"At nine" she replied, feeling the warmth fill her again. It was really going to happen.
"You want me to give you a ride, or are you going to take the bike?"
Opal was just about to answer when there was a loud bang and Angela, her fathers Blazerina, came dancin in, her fiery hair flowing around her. Her red skirt was following her moves and she was laughing loudly. Opal couldn't help but to make a big smile as she saw her.
"Angela!" her father said with a loud voice. Though he was supposed to sound angry he couldn't hide his smile. "Could you dance so that you don't bring down the whole house?
Angela laughed and stopped spinning and stood herself next to the talbe, nearly reaching over the top.
"Dad?" Opal asked, looking over at her dad. "How come Angela never evolved?"
"Well.." her dad started, now smiling fully. "I asked her once, but she said she wasn't ready at the time"
He looked over at Angela and gave her a pat on the head. She smiled back and danced out of the room. Opal looked back at her cereals, thinking of what just had been said. A pokémon could refuse to evolve. She had to remember that.
"So what's it going to be?" her dad woke her up from her thoughts. "The bike or the car?"
"I'll take the bike" she answered, looking up at her dad. "Thanks"
He smiled at her and stood up from the table, leaving the paper on it's surface.
"Don't forget the ticket!" he yelled over his shoulder as he went up the stairs.

The building whas bigger than she had thought it would be. It was a blue round house with two big white doors. Just above the doors there was a big sign of a pokéball with a pine tree across it. Prof. Pine. Opal smiled and felt her palms of her hands sweating. This was it. It was going to happen. She parked her pink bike next to the entrance and went inside.
The inside felt even bigger than the outside. The walls where covered with bookshelves filled with books with all range of pokémon related titles. Two persons in blue robes was walking around the room with clipboards in their hands. Opal wondered what they where doing.
In the middle of the room there where a round table with two boys standing by it. She figured they where the two other lucky ones. She made her way there and smiled to them as she walked over. One of them gave her a big smile as a response, but the other one just stared down at the table with a nervous looks. That's when she saw them. The pokéballs. Three blue pokéballs lit up by a light from beneath.
Opal was just about to ask the guy next to her how long he had been there when she heard a voice.
"So here we are then"
All turned around to see where the voice came from. There was Prof. Pine. Opal was shocked. He was much younger than she had thought he would be. By the looks of him he would be around 25 years. He was earing a dark blue robe and a pair of white trousers beneath. He had light blonde hair with some streaks of black.
"Good day, to you all" he smiled and Opal felt her cheeks burn. "Iam, as you all probably already knew, professor Pine. You three has been given the privilege to fet your very own pokémon and start your own journey. Now that you all know my name, I would like to know yours" He smiled again at looked at the first boy.
"Oshi" he answered, smiling nervously. Prof. Pine moved his eyes to the next guy.
"Jade" the guy answered and Prof. Pine nodded, smiled and then turned his eyes to Opal. She felt her cheeks burn again and she told him her name with a little shake on her voice. "Opal"
"Well then. Now that we all know each other, let's get to buisness. Each one of you will get one of these pokéballs" he said, pointing at the table. All three looked there. "Each one of these contains a special pokémon. These are those you can choose from. They are all different types and if you treat them well they will figh for you. One of them is a grass type, one is a fire type and the last one is a water tyep. If you gather around the table you will get your very first pokémon"
Opal felt her neck starting to go warm, her fingers beginning to itch. she glanced over at the tow other guys and could see that they felt just the same. She looked up at Prof. ine an dhe nodded with a smile.
"Go ahead. Get your pokémon"
The guy named Oshi quickly reached out, grabbing the pokéball closest to him. Opal jumped at the reaction, but she reached out aswell. The pokéball was cold in her hand and a shiver ran up her arm, through her whole body. She had a pokémon.
"I see you've all made your choice. Now all there is to it is to give you all your own Pokédex and some pokéballs and you can begin your journey. If you, Oshi, go over to Helen there, and you Jade go to George over there you will get your pokédexes and pokéballs. You Opal, come with me" Prof. Pine said, smiling at them all.
As the guys left, Opal was still standing looking down at the pokéball in her hand.
"So, Opal, how are you?" Prof. Pine asked.
Opal smiled nervously in return.
"And how is your mother?"
Opal stopped smiling.
"I don't know. I haven't seen here since I was four" she looked up and met prof. Pine's eyes.
"Oh..." he answere, suddenly looking uncomfortable. "I just thought... Since she arranged... Well, that doesn't matter now, does it?"
He smiled at her, and she couldn't help but to smile back in return.
"So, moving on, I see that you choose Crocodais" he said, nodding at the pokéball. "Good choice. I'm sure he will fit you"
Opal beamed up at prof. Pine.
"Now" he said, still smiling. "About your pokédex and pokéballs. Come here!"
They moved across the room to a little table by the side. On a piece of cloth a clear blue pokédex laid, along with six ordinary pokéballs. Prof. Pine took the pokédex in his hands.
"This will be your pokédex. It's one of a trainers most vital objects. It has everything you need to know in it; facts, fighting tips, capturing tips, locations of different pokémons and so on. To use it on a pokémon, simply point the pokédex at the pokémon and you will get all the information you need to know" He smiled at Opal. "Handy, right?"
He handed her the pokédec and she took it with a thank you.
"These..." he said, picking up a pokéball. "...I'm sure you know all about. This is a pokéball, which is used for capturing and containing pokémons. I don't think you need any further information considering who your father is."
Opal gave a short laugh.
"So I guess that's it. You are now ready to be of on you very own journey" Prof. Pine hold out one of his hands and Opal nervously shook it. When let go of her hand she took the pokéballs and put them in her bag, and then took the pokédex in her hand. She waved at prof. Pine as she walked out the door.

Well outside, she sat down in the grass, still with the green pokéball in her hand. It wasn't heavy as she thought it would be with a whole pokémon in it. With an eager smile she threw the pokéball in the air. This was it!
"Go Crocodais!" she shouted.
The pokéball flew open and with a red shine a small creature took form in front of her in the grass. It had a very long mouth and small legs and arms. Its skin was a light shade of green and on its back and tail small bulbs where growing. It blinked a few tmes with its red eyes then looked ad Opal with its head on the side.
Opal looked back in its eyes and smiled.
"Hello there. I'm Opal. I'm yout new trainer" she held out a hand in front of the Crocodais. "Nice meeting you"
It blinked one more time before it opened its mouth and smiled.
"Daais!" it uttered and closed its mouth around Opal's hand.
Opal screamed an fell backwards, pulling her hand away from the little creature.
"Why did you do that for?" she gasped with a shocked voice.
In response the Crocodais just smiled. With a somewhat suspicious look Opal opned her pokédex and pointed it at Crocodais. A small lamp on the front started blinking and a woman's voice came through the speakers.
"Crocodais.
Crocodais is a crocodile pokémon.
The long mouth is perfect for catching fish in the forest rivers. The seeds on its back collects sunlight during the day, keeping Crocodais warm even during the night"

On the lower screen some stats showed including heights, weights, and so on. As she read, Crocodais suddenly grabbed the pokédex with its jaws and pulled it out of Opal's hand.
"HEY!" Opal shouted, suprised by the sudden movement. "Give it back!"
"Da-Is!" the Crocodais answered and started running away towards the forest. It took some seconds for Opal to figure out what had just happened, but then she sprung to her feet, grabbed her bag and started running after her new - no longer visible - pokémon.

"Where are you?"
Opal was walking through the forest, shouting for Crocodais. She had no idea why he had run off like that, and now she had no idea where she was. Her first pokémon and it had already run away. She sighed. This didn't start out good.
"Crocodais!? she shouted once again and looked at both her sides to catch a glimpse. "Do you hear me?
Suddenly she saw something in the grass by a tree. It was something blue and shiny. She hurried over and saw that it was her pokédex that lay in the grass. That means Crocodais is nearby, she thought to herself and headed deeper into the forest. After some more shouting and wandering she finally heared something. It was a small whimper that grew stronger every step she took. In short, she was running towards the sound.
The forest came to an end and she ended up on the banks of the sea. There, in the water, was Crocodais splashing water and whimpering with a terrified look in his eyes. Around him where three Carvahna's swimming, trying to bite the little Crocodais now and then. Opal gasped in horror then screamed.
"I'm coming, Crocodais!" she started running towards the water.
She threw her bag at teh ground and with one hand she took her shoe off, still running. She took her second shoe and her hat off then jumped into the water. It was cold, but she didn't care. Crocodais where drifting further and further out to sea.

Back