• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Aquamarine

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Well with the help of rm2k3kid, I'm very VERY close to my first demo. There is actually some plot as I had not expected.

This game will be much different from other Pokemon games as it is featuring myself. Now many of you may not enjoy playing it as much as it is based on a written fan fiction of mine that tells how I became a Pokemon Master.

That isn't the plot, just what it's about. So sorry but there won't be any "What is your name" or "Are you a boy or are you a girl" unless I make some changes.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Well I ahve good news and bad news.

The good news is, I have brought screenshots and the first demo is only a week away. I also though of a way to include the Professor Oak intro.

-
    Bscreenshot01.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot02.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot03.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot04.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot05.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot06.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot07.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot08.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot09.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot10.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot11.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot12.jpg

-
    Bscreenshot13.jpg

The bad news is... really nothing, only the demo was delayed a little bit.. but only one more week.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The screens are looking great! One week isn't that long and anyway,
    I hope you do as best as possible before releasing the demo!

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Demo Release 1.0.0

. . . .Pok?mon Aquamarine DR 1.0.0. . . .

I'd like to present to you the first demo of Pokemon Aquamarine. There might be one bug in it that is essential to playing the game. If there is, then let me know. It would be one that makes it so you can't move. Otherwise, enjoy the game. I only know of two bugs that I can think of right away. Now for the credits.

Graphics____________________________________
    Title Screen: Barry
    All Messages: Nintendo
    Font: Nintendo
    Main Character: Barry
    Main Character CharSet: Avatar
    Rival: Avatar
    Professor Pine: Barry
    Most other CharSets: Ripped by Avatar and RM2K3kid

Intro____________________________________
    Coded By RM2K3kid
    Edited By Barry

Systems____________________________________
    Menu System (as of now): RM2K3kid
    Day/Night System: RM2K3kid

Mapping____________________________________
    Barry and RM2K3kid

Programming____________________________________
    Barry and RM2K3kid

Other____________________________________

Bed thing (Allows you to get into your bed): Barry
    Unnoticable Map Transition: Barry

And I'm in a hurry so I'll stop there. Sorry if I didn't include you. My bad.

The link: Scroll Down two posts for it.

And it's 2.5 MB

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • ****, that's a slow download. I've got 5 jets open in FlashGet, it's been going for 1.5 minutes, and I'm like 16% done, cable modem connection. Can you host it on Lateralshift? That's so much faster.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Demo Release 1.0.1

. . . .Pok?mon Aquamarine DR 1.0.1. . . .

Whenever I tried to uplaod my game to any place, it wouldn't work. With the help of Avatar, we discovered that because my .zip files had a space in it, it wasn't working.

Sorry for all the trouble. Here's the game. Enjoy!

Link: http://projects.lateralshift.net/barryaa/files/Aquamarine.zip

FINALLY!

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Eh, I found a bug that keeps you from ever leaving Ppop town. There is Route 1 and then a Cave, and then part of Route 2 and Sun City after that. So crap.... I forgot to fix that. Oh well, I suppose you'll just have to open up the game in RM2K and see the mapping for yourself. I don't want to release another demo as of yet. I don't need to keep you guys downloading it over and over from my mistakes.

I guess you'll just have to wait until the next demo. It should come out alot faster though because I'm getting into the spirit of my game and have worked a lot more on it. I plan on customizing more chipsets too just like rm2k3kid has some.

That way the game has its NEW feel to it. Sorry for any bugs or anything like that. I know how to fix the running shoes error right now. You can find that running shoes error if you hold the shift button after getting the running shoes while going into a building. You'll beable to walk over everything. Basically it cancels out all tile properties for some reason...

Anyway, like I said, enjoy it. Look foreward to more next demo (should be next month if everything goes to my plan).

Edit: Meh, as poorly as you all responded, it makes me want to just quit. I work my but off and almost no one responds.

I was hoping to get together a team so that this project could be completed much faster. From the looks of things, it might end before the end of the month.

Last edited:

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Don't give up just yet! It's a realy good game, no point letting go to waste! Just give it a little time then people should start posting!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Its a very nice game Barry keep on working on it, by the way there are like 30 posts in this thread but its already 690 times visited that quite much :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Well people cant post on your time everyone has there own time own choice and own mood to post here or whatever but if you quit working just shows that you give in to others no holding you up heh its your choice.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Whatever you do, don't quit! Trust me, I've been around here long enough to see a game with potential. I've seen so many games hit the dirt, and I don't want to see this one as one of those.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Heh, well I wasn't planning on quiting. It was just my way of getting people to post. ;)

Thankyou for your support though. Also, I've probably viewed this thread probably somewhere around one hundred times. Just refreshing to check if someone posted.

If any of you would like to help...
    (I will be very picky so sorry if I don't choose you)

-Spriter/Graphic Artist (up to 2)-This will probably include editing chipsets, making charsets, or some other graphic for the game. New Pokemon! Back and front sprites!

-Programmer(up to 3)- Depending on what I have faced ahead of me, I might want more than three. However, just having two is good enough for me. RM2K3kid has done plenty of programming for me so far. You'd be doing things like HM systems meaning scripts for HMs outside of battle (unless these are being included in the battle sys), bike system, other systems..... you know. Anything that is a system that isn't being implimented into the Battle Sys project or hasn't been already done by RM2K3kid.

Sorry I don't have much else. I'd like to do everything in the game I can and I feel like other than extreme coding or 'some' graphics (I'll be doing graphics too in other words), I won't need to much.

Last edited:

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
  • Review: The game was brill! It had all of the qualities of a real pokemon game!

The whole 'Chipset Walking Through' issue can be resolved, I'm sure...

Have you forgotten to X some of the Os, barry?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    I am a Rpgmaker master but i work on online games now with all the coding and what not so i wont be able to help you here but i expected that you did that for people to come but the others didnt i asume.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    ime gonna see how this games going ime gonna play it right now.

Eh thats a little plain title and pokemon titles only have 1 true image realy.
    allright its your choice but I was just trying to help.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I can't seem to be able to move in the cave place.

Back