• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

Naroko

Shadow Reaper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
i`d read but i don`t have a new chapter to read:(

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I'm not sure whether to count that as SPAM, so I'll just explain instead of doing something I shouldn't.

TurtleKing has decided it would be better if he took a break from the manga for a while.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen. You've wanted more...

Well, you got it!

That's right! The return of Poke' Special Manga: DP. Volume 3!!

Will Diamond makes amends with Sam?
Why is Gold in Sinnoh?
Can anyone take Pearl seriously?
What's going on back in Sandgem and Twinleaf Town?
Why are the Gym Leaders being attacked?

All of these and more in Volume 3!

Coming Wednesday - Saturday!

To Oni Raichu: Well, I've been inspired, so now I'm back in the swing of things X).

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Volume 3

Chapter 21: VS. Murkrow and Misdreavus! Part 1
dpmfa198.png
dpmfa200.png

Back home at Twinleaf Town...

Diamond's mother, Josephine, was currently cooking a single dinner for herself, as well as a dinner for her Pokemon, Glameow. The old, yet beautiful cat Pokemon rested on the blue sofa, gently purring as Josephine hummed quietly, "Oh, I hope Diamond is doing all right."

Her dark blue eyes glanced outside as she patted her blue, spherical hair, "His friends told me that Sam ran away." Her content look slowly transformed into a frown, "It's not like Diamond to disown his Pokemon. Not like him at all." She dragged her feet over to Glameow as the cat Pokemon slowly awoke.

"Nyaa!?"

"Oh don't worry Glameow. It's just me. Your food is ready." She set a plate in front of Glameow. On the platter was a blue bowl containing brown Pokemon food, smothered with Combusken broth and gravy, "Eat up!"

Glameow meowed happily and began to elegantly devour its food.

As she sat down at the bar counter, Josephine stared down at her plate, noticing that she cooked Diamond's favorite meal: Cinnabar Burger and fries, with a Miltank milkshake to drink. While gazing at her food, she began to reminisce about her "ex" husband...

5 years ago...

"You're always away from the house! Why?" Josephine followed her husband as he was approaching the front door, "Are you cheating on me? Is there somebody else! Please let me no!" Her eyes slowly began to develop tears as they slid down her face like kids sliding down a slide on a playground. As they dropped to the tan carpet, wet areas were clearly visible, indicating her pain and sorrow from her husband being away so often.

"Listen Josie..." The man was tall, slim, very attractive looking. He was pale in skin, indicating that he obviously never saw much of the outside world, "I wish I could tell you what is going on and what is about to happen, but alas, I can't."

"So you're telling me that your stupid job is more important than me and your 9-year-old boy?" Her eyes glanced to the staircase.

Peeking around the corner on the second floor was a young Diamond. His slightly messy blue hair hung past his ears, obviously much longer than the current Diamond.

He quickly his face when his mother glanced up stairs.

"You don't understand Josie." He turned his back to her, uttering the words, "I love you..."

"No!" Josie extended both of her hands, "No! If you leave, you will never be allowed back into my house! After all I done for you! Don't even think about stepping a foot outside this house!"

The man grabbed his suit coat and placed it over his shoulders. He grabbed the necklace off the dresser near the door and placed it around his neck before uttering, "I love you..." again.

Alas, he slowly paced forward, slamming the forest green door behind him, wondering off into the rainy night.

Josephine fell to her hands and knees and began to wail her eyes out.

Diamond slowly crept down stairs and said in an adolescent tone, "Mommy? Where did Daddy go?" A Ralts appeared behind him, clinging to his leg.

"Daddy...Daddy is of to work again, Diamond." She crawled over to him and hugged him from her knees, "He'll be back, I hope."

Diamond managed to keep a straight face, as he never cried except for the day he was first spanked in the Hospital. Diamond had never been emotional, always intelligent however.

"You just promise me one thing, Diamond."

"Yes, Mommy?"

"You promise, if you're Daddy doesn't come back, please, please, go find him. Please." She began to sniff and hiccup as Diamond held her in his small arms.

"O...ok, Mommy."

-----

"-sigh-" Diamond exhaled as he crossed newly built bridge on river and stream filled Route 209. He had stayed in Hearthome the whole morning to see if he could face the Gym Leader. Turns out, the Gym Leader wasn't there, nor had the city selected one yet.

Diamond began to have mixed feelings about "releasing" Sam.

Should he apologize? No, Sam was his first Pokemon, and ought to be his strongest. Then again, it's not about the strongest, right? Right?

Diamond didn't no what to think, "Ah, Sam, will come back right guys?" He held his Pokeballs in his hands, looking at Trident, Dex, and Rose, "I mean, I wasn't that hard on him, was I?"

When his Pokemon failed to answer, he stuffed the Pokeballs back into his pocket, "Erm..." He cleared his throat as he headed north, noticing a building up ahead towards the right.

He took out his map of the Sinnoh region, eyeing a city called Canalave, before looking towards Solaceon Town, "So I'm near Solaceon Town, huh?" He said quietly, "Then that must be the Lost Tower."

-----

Meanwhile in Sandgem Town...

Prof. Rowan was inside his lab, studying an Eevee that he had just received from one of his lab assistants, "It seems that Team Galactic is especially interested in Eevee even more, now that it has two new evolutions, spotted in the Sinnoh regions. However, how are Eevees able to evolve into these new forms? They can evolve into Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon with the respective stones. Also, they evolve into Umbreon and Espeon with maximum happiness in either the moonlight or sunlight. What makes them evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon is still a mystery, as no one has witnessed it yet...hmm. I'll have to ask Dawn."

He sent a signal to Dawn's Pokedex.

Dawn, who was currently in Hearthome City, helping repair the Contest Arena, all the while, still winning ribbons, answered her Pokedex, "Yes sir, Prof.?"

"Dawn, what have you heard about the two new Eevee evolutions?"

"Um, Professor, I'm sorry to say that I know nothing about them. I've seen someone try to use a Leaf Stone on an Eevee and it didn't work. And unfortunately, there is no recorded Ice Stone. We're out of luck. However..."

"Yes?"

"I did see some strange, umm..., rock in the Eterna Forest. I mean, it was the only rock there covered in moss. Strange if you ask me, sir."

"Hm," the Professor stroked his white beard, "I'll send a Professor out there with the Eevee. Could you meet him in the Eterna Forest?"

"Yes sir! Over and out!"

-----

Diamond now approached the tower as he read the description on a nearby sign, "The Lost Tower - Keep Out or else." He leaned back from the post as he chuckled a bit, "Yeah, right. 'Keep Out' is begging you to come in."

He read the rest of the sign in a monotone-reading voice, " 'Let the Pokemon Rest In Peace. Ha-ha-ha! Like we ever do that! We no let Pokemon rest in peace. We gather energy for the boss! Ha-ha-ha!" Diamond stood up straight again, "What the hell?"

The lamp post was sign in purple spray paint...

...by "The Dusk Twins".

"Dusk Twins? Those goons from Team Galactic that Dawn was telling me about? Heh...I'm gonna have so much fun with these idiots." He slowly entered the Lost Tower, leaving his shadow to follow behind him.

Slowly, the door closed behind him, as he looked around at all the graves.

The floor was covered in mysterious fog as maniacal laughter was heard on the top floor.

The cackle of a Misdreavus and the call of a Murkrow could easily be heard as Diamond approached the steps, slowly ascending each floor as it grew colder and colder. Strange, because hot air rises.

Once Diamond reached the top level, there was only three grave there. From his distance, Diamond was unable to read it, but he could make out the first letter on each of the three tombstone: "D" "L" and "R".

He tried to get close, but was stopped in his tracks by two fraternal twins, boy and girl.

They both were dressed in purple psychic uniforms, holding out there left hand in front of Diamond as if to say, "Stop in the name of law!"

"You no get closer." Mark said.

"Right..right!" Marcia said.

Diamond sighed and said, "Look guys, I don't want to have to do this. I'm already in somewhat of a bad mood."

"We no care what mood you in! You be in dead mood when we through!"

They each took out two, lavender stones from behind their backs as they held it to the heavens, calling out in a ritual fashion, "Murkrow! Misdreavus! Hear us call! We give strength to you evolve!"

A Murkrow and Misdreavus flew in from the next room as they each came in contact with the stones, slowly glowing brightly before Diamond's eyes.

While shielding his eyes, Diamond grunted, falling to one knee, "Great! Just great!"

(Next: Chapter 22: VS. Honchkrow and Mismagius! Part 2)

Author's Note: So, I couldn't wait to post the new chapter! Sue me! Anyway, in this chapter, Diamond may appear to feel sorry for releasing Sam, but in a way, he doesn't.

Lash

Years
Great chapter there! Time for a few edited quotes..

"You're always away from the house! Why?" Josephine followed her husband as he was approaching the front door, "Are you cheating on me? Is there somebody else! Please let me know!"

"Daddy...Daddy is off to work again, Diamond." She crawled over to him and hugged him from her knees, "He'll be back, I hope."

Diamond didn't know what to think, "Ah, Sam, will come back right guys?" He held his Pokeballs in his hands, looking at Trident, Dex, and Rose, "I mean, I wasn't that hard on him, was I?"

Only grammar errors I could find- nothing too bad. Not bad at all.

Once again, great chapter. Especially how at the end of the chapter, the appearance of the Dusk Twins and their Pokemon. I can't wait to see what happens.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Great chapter there! Time for a few edited quotes..

Only grammar errors I could find- nothing too bad. Not bad at all.

Once again, great chapter. Especially how at the end of the chapter, the appearance of the Dusk Twins and their Pokemon. I can't wait to see what happens.

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing this chapter! Ah! I can't believe I made the "no" "know" mistake. I'm usually picky about those, but we all make mistakes :).

Once again, thanks for taking the time out to read my fic. I hope you get the opportunity to read the next chapter!

~TK

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
Wow, I really like this. Reminds me of the actual Manga. You have good writing skills.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Ugh. Jumping into a story that's already 21 chapters in is a bit hard. Still, I've read through them all. First, the ways to improve. My advice is to go back through the earlier chapters and correct them all so that Pearl and Dawn are correctly named. Also, there are miscellanious (I just KNOW I didn't spell this right) mistakes in each of the chapters. With 22, before releasing it, read it once through so you can catch them.

The good stuff? There's LOTS, and here I did pick a good spot to jump in. First off, the three characters are developing nicely, and I am very interested to see how they progress. The Pokemon also seem to have personalities, and that certainly makes stuff great. And of course, the additional characters certainly help the story stray from the normal D/P. Can't wait for #22.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Wow, I really like this. Reminds me of the actual Manga. You have good writing skills.

Thank you! I try to blend the style of the Manga with my own.

Ugh. Jumping into a story that's already 21 chapters in is a bit hard. Still, I've read through them all. First, the ways to improve. My advice is to go back through the earlier chapters and correct them all so that Pearl and Dawn are correctly named. Also, there are miscellanious (I just KNOW I didn't spell this right) mistakes in each of the chapters. With 22, before releasing it, read it once through so you can catch them.

The good stuff? There's LOTS, and here I did pick a good spot to jump in. First off, the three characters are developing nicely, and I am very interested to see how they progress. The Pokemon also seem to have personalities, and that certainly makes stuff great. And of course, the additional characters certainly help the story stray from the normal D/P. Can't wait for #22.

I'm so glad that you took the time to read all 21 chapters. I try to keep them not too short, but not too long. The chapters are generall long enough for a reader to get into it, but not short of enough to look well....lame.

Yeah, I have tendency to just post a chapter after spell checking it, and not reading for grammatical mistakes. I guess I'm sort of anxious to see what readers have to say about my fic. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Thanks for the compliments everybody!

~TK

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Hey, guys~! It's been a week almost, and you know what that means!

Yep! Time for a new chapter of Poke Special Manga DP! Be expecting it this week!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 22: VS. Honchkrow and Mismagius! Part 2
dpmfa430.png
dpmfa429.png

They each took out two, lavender stones from behind their backs as they held it to the heavens, calling out in a ritual fashion, "Murkrow! Misdreavus! Hear us call! We give strength to you evolve!"

A Murkrow and Misdreavus flew in from the next room as they each came in contact with the stones, slowly glowing brightly before Diamond's eyes.

While shielding his eyes, Diamond grunted, falling to one knee, "Great! Just great!"

-----

Once the glowing subsided, there, floating in the air, was a large, blue crow looking Pokemon with a head looking similar to a mob/gang hat. It had a white breast and a blue tail with red tips.

The other Pokemon looked like a banshee, much uglier than its previous form, Misdreavus. It too had a head, shaped like a hat, and also had intimidating eyes and a red jewel on its chest.

"Me know that you are ready to be buried!" Mark said, with a cackle.

"And now we show power of Team Galactic!" Marcia commented as they both sent their newly evolved Pokemon toward Diamond.

"Mismagius! Magical Leaf!"

"Honchkrow! Night Slash!"

Mismagius chanted slowly, as its eyes began to glow in a lime green color. Green leaves surrounded by rainbow-colored energy appeared around it. Immediately afterwards, the leaves fired toward Diamond, as he ducked and dodged the leaves, hiding behind a tombstone, where a Marowak was currently buried.

"You run, but you no hide!"

Honchkrow was up next, as its left wing turned entirely black, like a shadow, slashing its wing through the Tombstone and slamming into Diamond from behind.

Diamond went airborne, hitting the northern brick wall before colliding into the ground.

"Umph," he struggled to get up, but eventually stood, "Argh. These guys are much tougher than Dawn led on. Figures. She's known to lie!" He reached into his pocket as he began to think up a strategy.

"Honchkrow. A Dark/Flying-type. Hmm. Dexter would take care of it. But what about Mismagius? It's a Ghost-type?" He continued to think, "Oh yeah! I forgot Rose was part Dark-type. She can take down Mismagius with the right attacks. But she doesn't know any Dark-type moves. Damn it."

He looked forward to his two opponents as they sent their vicious Pokemon at him again.

"Heh....I've got it."

Quickly revealing two Pokeballs in his hand, Diamond pressed the pressure sensor on the front of the Pokeballs as they exploded open, revealing Dexter, his Pachirisu, and Rose, his Stunky.

Diamond smirked and said, "First, gotta get rid of the weak link. That would be Mark and Honchkrow!" He turned to face Dexter, "Dex, stand in front of Rose and don't let her get injured!"

Dex nodded as the white electric squirrel Pokemon stood in front of Rose, its cheeks becoming charged with blue electricity.

Honchkrow swooped down towards the two Pokemon as Mark shouted, "Again with the Night Slash!"

Again, Honchkrow's wing turned into a dark shadow as it neared Dexter.

Diamond thrusted his hand forward, "Let's shock this bird! Discharge!"

Dex closed his eyes tightly as he sent out a wave of electrical energy towards the crow Pokemon. The waves wrapped around Honchkrow before squeezing its stomach tightly, not only shocking the avian, but paralyzing it.

Honchkrow lightly fell to the ground with a shocked look on its face and remained in the same emotion through out the rest of the battle, because it was defeated.

Because of this defeat, Rose smiled brightly and began to shine...brightly.

Mark fell to his knees as he tended to his Honchkrow, "No! No! No! You no go!"

Marcia sneered, "No Mark! Least of problems! The boy Pokemon evolve!"

-----

Rose continued to grow in size and shape before revealing her fully evolved form: A dark, lavender-colored skunk Pokemon, with brown marks here and there. Her tail now extended from her buttocks to her back and covered the top of her head. It's nose and mouth area was shaped like a human buttocks.

"Skun...Skuntank!"

Diamond grinned, "Rose, remember that move we were working on 'In Case Of Emergency?'"

The newly evolved Skuntank nodded her head before turning to face Diamond, her buttocks in the direction of Mark, Marcia, and their Pokemon.

Mismagius looked confused as it stared at Rose's butt, seemingly attracted to it, "Mage...magius?"

Marcia waved her arms and shook her head rapidly, trying to protect the Ghost Pokemon, "No! No! No get near! No! No get near!"

Diamond chuckled as Mismagius floated in his direction, nearing Rose's buttocks as it let off a rather soothing, and pleasant smell for once, indicating her happiness.

Finally, Diamond could not wait any further, "EXPLOSION!"

He returned Dex as he ran to take cover behind a large tombstone. He tightly closed his eyes and placed his right index finger in his right ear and left index finger in his left ear.

Rose closed her eyes tightly as well before squeezing an enormous load of flatulence out of her behind. The flatulence almost looked similar to a flaming, Hyper Beam attack, however, it came out of her buttocks, strangely enough.

Anyway, the beam totally blasted the two trainers and their Pokemon out of the tower and sent the flying all the way across Sinnoh. Definitely out of the area and probably off of the region.

-----

Later, Diamond got out of hiding as he stared at the massive hole in the wall, "Eh...I'll let the owners of the tower take care of that." He looked to Rose who was still facing the opposite direction. Her buttocks was now letting off a black, stinky smoke that rose to the ceiling.

The entire room smelled of human flatulence, causing Diamond and his Pokemon to immediately leave the Lost Tower.

-----

As Diamond traveled North, he entered the Breeding Center in the town of Solaceon. Not necessarily there to breed, he took a bath with his Pokemon in the pool out in the backyard of the Center, wanting to get Rose's explosion after-smell off of him.

While bathing, the Center lady approached him, "Ah, young man, my ask you a favor?"

Diamond sat up in the pool, rubbing his arms with Tamato Berry juice, "Yes ma'am? I'll do anything for you since you've provided me with this Tamato Berry juice bath. I've needed it after what I've been through."

The elder lady smiled uneasily, "Ok, well. My husband was out towards east Solaceon again and well...he had some theory about this strange Pokemon at a place called the Hallowed Tower. He showed me this 'tower' but all I saw was a small shrine made of tiny boulders."

She reached into her pocket and handed Diamond a stone with two dots on the front and a crack, splitting the dots, "This was the strange item he found near the 'tower'. He went back out again to look over the shrine again, but he hasn't come back. Could you take this to him for his research?"

Diamond got out of the pool as he returned his Pokemon. He took possession of the item and said, "Sure!"

-----

So, later that night, Diamond got dressed after freshening up. Earlier before going out to the "tower", he had trained Trident, Rose, and Dex. He didn't know what to expect so he wanted his Pokemon to be top of the line once he got there.

Instinctively, he reached into his left pocket for Sam's Pokeball. Taking it out, he pressed the sensor on the front of the Pokeball, only to find out that the ball was empty, "Ah...Sam..." He bit his lip as he looked down at the ground.

Later, he reached the shrine the Center lady had spoke of. He studied it closely, confused, "What? How could this small thing be a tower?"

In his hand, he held the stone the lady had given to him as he read a sign near the shrine:

Down Here I Am Alone
Please Return My Odd Keystone
Your Wishes Of Me Are Overdue
Descend The Earth To Face Spiritomb​

Diamond thought for a moment, " 'To Face Spiritomb?' What the hell is a Spiritomb?" He noticed a small statue holder near the middle of the shrine, "Hm, that must be where this stone, the Odd Keystone, goes."

He extended his arms across the shrine and gently placed it on the holder. Moments later, the ground below him shook. The tower ascended torwards the skies, restoring its true form: a two story, creepy tower.

Diamond looked up at the structure, "A-a-ah...A tower?"

Screams could be heard coming from the tower as Diamond gulped, "Alright. I made a promise to the Breeding Center lady though! I can't let her down." He exhaled deeply as he entered the tower.

As he got inside, Diamond noticed a man floating in midair, seemingly possessed. He ran over and tugged on his left leg, bringing him down, "This must be the old man. He looks old! I better grab him and get him out of here."

An inhuman moan could be heard from behind Diamond, causing the boy to shiver a bit. He turned around as he dropped the man to the floor, 'W-w-who's there?"

Then, right before his eyes, a purple, ghost-like cyclone with lime green spots and lime green eyes floated in front of him. Below the creature was the stone Diamond had placed on the shrine, the Odd Keystone.

"So this item m-must awakens this....thing." He took out his Pokedex as it gave him information on this Pokemon.

"Spiritomb, the Forbidden Pokemon. Spiritomb is a Ghost/Dark-type Pokemon that has no type weaknesses. Its signature attack is Dark Pulse."

Spiritomb groaned and moaned again as it neared Diamond slowly.

Diamond stepped back shivering as his hands wouldn't allow him to reach for his Pokeballs.

(Next: Chapter 23: VS. Spiritomb!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Well, Diamond's screwed. I mean, he's obviously going to catch it, I mean, Pearl is gonna rescue him, I mean...

Something. No idea what's gonna happen next, which is a good thing.

All in all, a nice continuation. Can't wait till next week.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Haha. Thanks for the comment. You never know what's going to happen next!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Well, Tk, one of your best chapters so far, possibly your best, even. The description was brilliant, the action left me wanting more and (like Legendary) I have no clue what's going to happen next.

Just a few things:

Finally, Diamond could not wait any further, "EXPLOSION!"

No need for the capitals.

"Ah...Sam..."

There should be a space between the dot and Sam.

Anyways, I really liked this, you're definitely improving, compared to, say, your first chapter.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Guys, I've been having a good and inspired week! Because of this, you guys get two chapters! That's right, TWO! The next chapter will be posted shortly!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 23: VS. Spiritomb!
dpmfa442.png

"Spiritomb, the Forbidden Pokemon. Spiritomb is a Ghost/Dark-type Pokemon that has no type weaknesses. Its signature attack is Dark Pulse."

"A Pokémon that was formed by 108 spirits. It was bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone as punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago."

-----

Diamond stood in disbelief of the purple, floating vortex Pokemon. Although he had been in intense battles before, Diamond never faced anything as menacing as this Spiritomb was. He stepped back as the ghost slowly neared him, groaning in an intimidating way.

"Think, Diamond, think. What can I do to stop this thing." Diamond looked down and noticed the Breeding Center elder, "Ah, I totally forgot about him. Now I have to protect him, too." His eyes quickly glanced up at Spiritomb, only to find out that it was preparing an attack!

A transparent, purple energy sphere appeared in front of Spiritomb's crooked mouth. After about ten seconds in charging up the attack, Spiritomb fired the Dark Pulse towards Diamond.

Instinctively, Diamond duck, wrapping his arm around the man. Once the attack had passed by, he picked up the man as he carried him on his back, similar to the way a father would piggyback his child, "Ah! This is going to be tough!" He ran up the steps as Spiritomb floated quickly after him, moaning angrily at the boy.

Diamond glanced behind his back while carrying the man, and noticed Spiritomb sending a few waves of blue energy at the boy.

Suddenly, Diamond's pace slowed as he ascended the steps until the point he collapsed, resting near the top of the staircase.

When this happened, he dropped the body of the elderly Breeding Center man, causing it to stumble and somersault down the steps and back toward the entrance of the Hallowed Tower.

Diamond lay there, asleep, because of Spiritomb's Hypnosis...

"A-a-ah? Wh-where am I?"

Diamond stood, looking around. Where exactly was he? One minute, he was in the Hallowed Tower, and the next, he was in some sort of cave, "Ah, well, I guess I better look around to find out, right?"

He stepped forward as he began to stroll the cave. Near the ceiling of the cavern, were lights, allowing the cave to be visible in its entirety.

After hours of endless strolling, Diamond paused as he peeked around the corner and saw four shadowy figures.

One of them was probably the most recognizable, as it was the shadow of Kirlia.

"Sam?" Diamond whispered to himself, wanting to get closer, but feared for his safety, "No, I'll wait and see what's going on..."

The next shadow was a Pokemon that Diamond was familiar with, but for some reason, couldn't manage to make it out. Next to this Pokemon was a tall man, dressed in a suit. Diamond could tell by the posture of the man, that this was his father.

"D-dad? He's alive?"

Finally, the shadow standing across from Sam, Diamond's father, and his Pokemon, was a tall man with a hairstyle shaped like a "U".

The man with the weird hairstyle spoke, "Listen, Mercury, you can't dare betr-"

"My name is not Mercury! My name is --"

"I could give a Rattata's ass what your name is. You are a part of Team Galactic and now you're going to up and betray us?" The man chuckled, "Heh, are you out of your mind?"

"No. I'm sane. You and your brother are the ones out of mind. You lied to me and said you wanted to create a better world for the good of mankind and Pokemon. Instead, Team Galactic just want a better world for themselves. I now realize that the world we live in now may not be perfect, but I know that this world has many beautiful things."

Sam's shadow shifted as it stood, ready for a fight.

"Saturn, you have to stop this..."

Saturn chuckled, "I'm afraid I can't. Actually, I'm not afraid. I won't stop. Never. Now, it's time you die."

"So be it..."

A small pop sound was heard as another shadow emerged in the light.

"Rhyperior, Horn Drill'em all!" Saturn's shadow disappeared as the Rhyperior roared, its drill coming close to making contact with Diamond's father.

"Dad! No! Look out!" Diamond got out of hiding, only to find out that nothing was there.

Nothing at all.

Suddenly the lights in the cave turned off as a cackle was heard from behind Diamond. A flash of lime green lights appeared behind Diamond, causing him to turn around and face Spiritomb.

Then, Diamond fell to his knees, grasping his head tightly, "Argh! Spiritomb tricked me! Ehh!"

-----

Diamond awoke from his slumber in a dark chamber, now suddenly lit. He quickly got to his feet, looking around for Spiritomb.

Finally, it emerged from the walls, floating around Diamond, groaning.

Diamond sneered, shutting his eyes, "Alright, enough of this. You pushed it too far, giving me that horrible nightmare." He reached into his pocket, pulling out Trident's Pokeball, "Now, it's time to put you to rest Spiritomb!"

He tossed the Pokeball forward, as it burst open, releasing Trident, his Prinplup. Trident placed his hands on his hips before saluting like a superhero, "Prin! Prinplup! Prin!"

Spiritomb wasn't fazed by this, and immediately shot another Dark Pulse beam in Trident's direction.

"Ice Beam!"

Trident opened its beak quickly, firing a beam of cyan blue ice at the Dark Pulse, causing a long stand still tie of both Pokemon firing their respective beams.

Meanwhile Diamond sneaked off behind Spiritomb, grasping for the Odd Keystone. Once Spiritomb recognized this, it relaxed itself from Dark Pulse. Two ghost like fist appeared in front of it as it punched Diamond in the gut repeatedly, using Sucker Punch.

Trident saw this and waddled quickly over to Spiritomb, both of its claws appearing from under its feather. The claws turned into a silver color, similar to that of metal. Bouncing up, Trident hacked and slashed at Spiritomb's face with its Metal Claw attack, to the point Spiritomb only focused on the Prinplup.

Diamond thudded to the ground after being punched, "Mmph!" He sat up, "OK, I need some help."

He reached into his pocket again, taking out Dex's Pokeball. He threw the ball at the wall as it burst open, freeing the Pachirisu.

"Dex, let's hold Spiritomb still! Discharge!"

Dex nodded as it moved from side to side, while releasing the wave of blue electrical energy. The wave wrapped around Spiritomb and then squeezed tightly onto it.

Spiritomb roared out in pain before dropping to the ground, temporarily paralyzed.

Diamond ran over to try and retrieve the Odd Keystone, but Spiritomb broke free of its paralysis, and launched at Diamond.

Diamond tried to skid to a halt, but ended up sliding right through the Ghost Pokemon and colliding with the wall, hurting himself.

He rested on the ground, while rubbing his head, "Ah, my head."

Spiritomb cackled loudly, preparing to attack. It opened its crooked mouth once more as Diamond gulped, holding up his hands to try and block any attack from being successful. Purple energy appeared in front of Spiritomb as it unleashed its--

Frozen.

Yes, frozen on the spot.

Trident's frozen fist was planted in the backside of Spiritomb as it slowly fell to the ground and broke into pieces of ice, scattered across the dusty floor. Trident exhaled deeply before saluting Diamond, "Prin! Prin!"

Diamond chuckled, "Thanks, Trident."

The frozen bits slowly disintegrated into the floor, as the Odd Keystone lay in front of Diamond, "Somehow, I think this Odd Keystone helps give Spiritomb its power. Phew, I'll never do that again. We most likely disturbed it in its slumber."

He stood, as a door magically appeared at the end of the dungeon. Diamond, Trident, and Dex slowly walked towards it, as Diamond read an inscription on the exit:

Spiritomb has been defeated by Trainers few
You are now one of them, congrats to you
You've proven to me that you have nerve
I trust you have the strength to save the world

Diamond stood there, confused and puzzled, "Was Spiritomb actually helping us?" He looked down to Trident and Dex as they nodded, guessing so.

"It trusts me to save the world? But...," he looked down and then opened the door, "Ah..." He was speechless, now thinking about the dream he had when Spiritomb used Hypnosis on him.

Was his father in actually trouble? And Sam, is he with him?

-----

Later, at the Breeding Center...

"Thank you so much, young man. I'm glad you learned plenty at the Hallowed Tower," the Breeding Center lady said, happily.

"I told you it existed," the elderly man said, dressed in a cowboy outfit, "All the other varmints thought I was crazy, but I knew!" He nodded at Diamond in approval.

Diamond chuckled and agreed, "Yes, thanks to both of you. By any chance, did a tall man dressed in a suit come by this town?"

The lady thought for a moment, "Oh! Yes! He came by to pick up an egg. He said it was to be a gift for his son, once he was an able trainer who not only was strong physically, but mentally. He had pale skin and blue hair, I recall."

Diamond blushed a bit, "Wh-when did you see him!?"

"Earlier this month actually! He said he's headed back west though so he's long gone."

Diamond nodded, still blushing, "OK, thanks. I'll see you guys later then?" He exited to Center as he headed north, thinking about his father while en route to Veilstone City.

-----

Meanwhile...

"Get these friggin' Psyducks off of me!!!"

A pile of Psyducks lay ontop of a smothered Pearl. He had been traveling North heading for Veilstone, but got sidetracked by the tens of thousands of Psyducks, blocking a route to another city.

"Somebody! Anybody!!!"

(Next: Chapter 24: VS. Psyducks!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Now that's an awesome chapter. Btw, VS Psyducks! is Chapter 24, not 23. Still, it looks like they're zooming right along in their adventure.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Alright. Some people are wondering "How many Volumes/Chapters will Poke Special Manga DP have?"

Well, I've come to this conclusion:

Poke Special Manga: DP is set and planned to have 106 Chapters in 9 volumes:
Vol. 1 - 9 Chapters
Vol. 2 - 11 Chapters
Vol. 3 - 16 Chapters
Vol. 4 - 14 Chapters
Vol. 5 - 12 Chapters
Vol. 6 - 10 Chapters
Vol. 7 - 12 Chapters
Vol. 8 - 11 Chapters
Vol. 9 - 11 Chapters

This, however, is just a projection, meaning the number of chapters is subject to change. Especially the current one, Vol., because I feel that there are too many chapters in the third volume, however, I am getting deeper into the NTR and TG plot, so I guess more chapters are needed.

Anymore questions that are NonSpoiler related, ask me :).

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I'd add an extra chapter. Why? 'Cuz Gen IV had 107 new Pokemon, and it'll seem cooler that way. ;P

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Heh, good one!

I already have an idea of what I want for each chapter, including several arcs and such.

Back