• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Days
    All I remember from Chemistry is that if you heat a can of soda over a bunsen burner for awhile and then place it in a tray of ice it implodes. That's all.

At the very least, school keeps your brain active, even if what you're keeping it active with is not really going to help you in life. I remember every time a teacher was asked what we needed to learn maths for, they would always say, 'To get into university,' but never say exactly what we would need it for afterwards. It took until one community college Maths teacher to say how it can help us in life (I don't remember the exact details of the reason). I remember clapping after the teacher said it.

*Wins whilst everyone is discussing schools*

Years
    I would talk about something else, like that Uno game I tried playing with Lavender, but... it went a bit haywire...

Spoiler:

... A bit.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For me most boring subjects were History and Social Studies. And hence I am happy to forget them.
    Ironically, those two might be the most underrated types of subjects. If we don't understand history we are bound to repeat past mistakes. And social sciences teach you that different people have different opinions and that we should respect that. Even if we don't agree.

Meanwhile all the natural sciences just teach you to strictly follow orders to get a specific outcome. It's a very convenient method if you want obedient worker slaves. But it doesn't really do you any good in regards to community building.

^it's one of the reasons why social sciences are currently frowned upon. ^^"

Years
    • Seen today
    I liked History as a kid. That's long gone, but my family still sends me history stuff. (...it's a sweet gesture, but I don't really know what to do with it).

I think once you get labelled with a particular thing, it can stick with you forever.

Back